• The World According to Clarke

    Wednesday, November 29, 2006

    Silver lining...

    My drive to work today stunk! I was running a little late, left home at about 7:15 a.m., and knew I was in trouble when I hit traffic while still in my neighborhood. It turns out there was some sort of accident that closed Route 42--the street that gets me to the expressway. It took about 45 minutes of winding through an alternate route to get to the interstate, where I was greeted by an ARTIMIS road sign that said there were multiple accidents and to expect delays. I finally arrived at the office at around 9:00 a.m.

    In retrospect, though, it could have been worse. When I first saw the traffic I considered coming home and going into the office at 10:00 or so; however, I learned later that this would not have been a good idea as the highway was closed later due to a bomb (see story here). The highway was closed, and some people were evidently stuck for up to 6 hours! The lengthy drive also gave me a chance to listen (twice) to the new Chris Daughtry album (yes, iTunes still calls them albums) that I bought last night. In case you don't remember or aren't a fan of American Idol, Chris is the very talented singer who should have won last season. If you're a fan of rock, I'd recommend the album. It's got sort of a Nickelback sound, but with a much better singer and not nearly as redundant (almost all Nickelback songs sound the same to me).

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home