• The World According to Clarke

    Thursday, November 09, 2006

    Fun with iTunes

    As I posted earlier, we are now using an iPod as our main music system at home. Because my musical tastes differ somewhat from Annette's (we both like Billy Joel, but she's not a big Linkin Park or LL Cool J fan) I have been creating some playlists that weed out some of my music that she wouldn't appreciate hearing. It's been kind of fun grouping songs in various lists--playlists for certain moods (depression, joy, etc.) and playlists for certain time periods (the 80's list is my favorite).

    I've also been working on a playlist that lists my favorite songs in order (I always wanted to be Kasey Kasem). With nearly 3,000 songs on the iPod, this may take a while. When I was a kid, I used to organize my cassette tapes in order from my favorite to least favorite. I would sometimes wake up in the middle of the night and switch the places of two tapes--for example, Night Ranger's "Dawn Patrol" with REO Speedwagon's "Hi Infidelity". I think I can probably trace the roots of my current sleep disorders to this activity.

    1 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You may need to add some relaxing tracks (without lyrics) to your collection! Less to obsess about later on.

    12:30 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home