• The World According to Clarke

    Monday, October 03, 2005

    10 years ago today...

    Hard to believe it, but today is the 10th anniversary of the O.J. Simpson murder trial verdict. Back in 1995 I was teaching 7th grade language arts, and I remember that they actually interrupted all of the classes and played the verdict live over the school TVs for everyone to see. I taught in a predominantly white, upper-middle class school and was somewhat surprised when the entire class cheered wildly when the verdict was read.

    A recent poll showed that 87% of whites and 29% of blacks believe that O.J. is guilty of the murders. I find that to be a very interesting statistic, but I wonder what it means. How can the discrepancy in the numbers possibly be that high? I personally thought he was guilty--otherwise why was the infamous "chase" in the white Bronco necessary? But is my opinion biased because I'm white and he's black? I'd like to think not, but I guess I can't say for sure.

    3 Comments:

    Blogger Earl said...

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    4:05 PM  
    Blogger Earl said...

    10 years and O.J. still hasn't found the real killer. Imagine that!

    4:07 PM  
    Blogger The Kman said...

    He must not have any mirrors in his house or he would have found the killer years ago!
    LOL

    8:49 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home