• The World According to Clarke

    Sunday, November 20, 2005

    Harry Potter

    Got a chance to see Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire this weekend. We debated on whether or not to take the boys (it's rated PG-13, and Chris passed out while watching the 2nd HP movie), but after talking to a couple of other people who had seen it we decided to take them. As I have mentioned, Goblet of Fire is my favorite book in the series so I was really looking forward to it.

    Overall, the movie did not disappoint me. It was very well done, the special effects were incredible, and it stayed pretty true to the book for the most part. There were a few things they glossed over or skipped entirely, but if they want to keep it down to a 2-3 hour movie they pretty much have to. I'd like to have seen a little more of the Quiddich World Cup, but I didn't miss Hermoine's "save the house elves" campaign at all. Overall, I'd give it a "thumbs up" and say it is the best movie of the series thus far!

    1 Comments:

    Blogger The Kman said...

    Trei, Tresha, and I all enjoyed the movie as well. I am already looking forward to Movie 5. The Order of the Phoenix may be my favorite book so far.

    3:06 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home