• The World According to Clarke

    Sunday, October 23, 2005

    Thumbs up, thumbs down

    Saw two movies this weekend--one good, one not so good. And the results were surprisingly flip-flopped. Annette got "Blade Trinity" and "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" from the library. I've not seen a "Blade" movie before, but figured it would be a somewhat entertaining but cheesy action movie. I remember either Bob F or Steve R mentioning that ESOTSM was a good movie, which pretty much assured that I would hate it since they both like long, plotless dramas like "Lost in Translation" (which I discovered later was produced by the same company as "Eternal Sunshine").

    We watched "Blade" first, and it was pretty awful. Wesley Snipes was pretty much what I expected, but the minister's daughter from "7th Heaven" just isn't an action movie kind of girl and the other main character (hence, the "trinity") was even worse. The dialogue was some of the lamest I've heard in any movie, ever. Annette then put in "Eternal Sunshine" and I started to head off to bed, but figured I'd watch five minutes or so just to see what it was about. Almost two hours later, I found myself pleasantly surprised by a bizarre but clever movie. I'm not typically a big Jim Carrey fan, but this was his best that I've seen.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home