• The World According to Clarke

    Sunday, September 04, 2005

    WEBN Fireworks


    Working downtown definitely many perks, one of which is our location down at One Lytle Place on the Ohio River which gives us a wonderful view of the annual Toyota/WEBN fireworks. This year's display was one of the most impressive I can remember. In past years, half of the fireworks were right in front of us and half were over to the left where they were partially obscured by the bridge. This year, the entire display was right there in front of us! Also, the kids seem to have gotten over their fear of loud noises (the fireworks are VERY loud) and enjoyed the show, which allowed Annette and I to enjoy the show more as well! We had a great time hanging out our guests the Hampton's, Blake's, and McClary's (as well is with with the Lewis's, Sod's, and the rest of the crew from FSC)!

    I tried my hand at photographing the fireworks this year. None of the photos are anywhere near professional quality, but a few are kind of interesting. If you're interested in seeing the whole group, click here or on the picture above. You can also view a brief clip of the finale by clicking here.

    On a sad note, a man died falling from a 25th floor balcony at One Lytle a couple of hours before the fireworks.

    1 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Great pictures! I think I like most of yours better than I liked mine. You are much better at getting the people shots than me too.

    3:03 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home