• The World According to Clarke

    Tuesday, August 30, 2005

    Fantasy football

    It's less than 24 hours until the annual fantasy football draft, and I am VERY unprepared. Due to some changes in our scoring system, quarterbacks are more valuable than they have been in previous years. The big question is...should I draft Bret Favre ahead of Kyle just to tick him off? I probably won't, but boy is it tempting!

    As always, we have a theme for team names. This year's theme is TV shows (we had to come up with a team name that is related to football and a TV show). My team is "Sacks in the City." There are several good ones. My favorites:

    1. "Marvin Lewis Can't Lose": Parker Lewis was a short-lived but great show. Sort of a Ferris Bueller knock-off, but very entertaining.

    2. "Two Yards Under": I've actually never seen "Six Feet Under" since I don't have cable. Clever name, though.

    3. "The Red Zone Diaries": Again, never saw "The Red Shoe Diaries" as it wasn't on network TV. But a good name.

    Others include: "4 TDs No Extra Points" (adds up to "24"), "Extreme Team Makeover", "F Troop" (which Kyle said he will change to "FU Troop" if I draft Favre), "The Highlight Zone", "Fear Factor", and "Ty Law and Order" (Ty Law is a cornerback for the NY Jets).

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home