• The World According to Clarke

    Sunday, July 13, 2008

    That's Amore!

    I love our neighborhood. We have great neighbors all around us, lots of nice parks and things to do, and my commute to work is nice. My one complaint since we've lived here, however, has been the scarcity of decent pizza. The only franchise pizza I'm a fan of is Donato's, and there isn't one of those nearby. There's a pretty good mom-and-pop shop called Big Dogs across town, but it's 15 minutes away and they don't deliver. So when I saw the 'coming soon' sign for a new pizza place called 'Ciao Bella' a couple of weeks ago, I was cautiously optimistic.

    Well, we tried it for the first time tonight and it exceeded my expectations! I got a sausage/onion/mushroom pizza which was excellent. The sauce was yummy--a little sweet but not too much, and the crust was just right--slightly thick but a little bit crunchy. The kids had calzones, and Maria enthusiastically declared it the 'best ever'. Chris thought it compared favorably with LaRosas and Big Dogs. Ben was not as happy because he doesn't like tomato sauce, and the calzone had it inside instead of separately for dipping like most places--so we'll have to order more carefully next time. Best of all, they deliver!

    I spoke to the owner about cutting a deal for delivery down to the swim club, and he sounded very interested. My new goal is to make sure this pizza place does well--it needs to stick around. If you're ever in the West Chester/Sharonville area, give Ciao Bella a try!

    1 Comments:

    Blogger BMan said...

    I lived in West Chester as a kid. We lived in Beckett Ridge which (at least then) was in the middle of nowhere and was paradise to a kid. I doubt I'll be up that way anytime soon though.

    I believe you and I have something in common - I just got laid of from eInstruction. :)

    5:34 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home