• The World According to Clarke

    Tuesday, July 08, 2008

    My 15 seconds of fame...

    A big storm blew through our neighborhood this afternoon, damaging several large trees in our yard as well as others throughout the street. We were at The Beach waterpark at the time, and came home to find a Channel 12 news truck in our neighborhood doing a story on the storm damage. When talking to the reporter, I mentioned that our tax incentive check came in the mail yesterday and that I'd be spending it on a tree guy. He asked me to say it again on camera, but when the lights came on I choked and they only used a brief snippet of me for the story. And boy was I looking good with my uncombed pool hair after a day of sweating in the sun! Ugh!

    We love our wooded yard and it's sad to see so many big trees down, but everyone is unhurt so I can't complain too much!

    1 Comments:

    Blogger Dianne said...

    At least you GOT a tax incentive check! Dang! I need to get me some of those kids...

    12:33 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home