• The World According to Clarke

    Wednesday, March 05, 2008

    Going out with a bang (or a zap)

    Today was my last day at the company where I've worked for the past 10 years. I've known for a couple of months that my employment there was coming to an end, and a group of friends has been commiserating during daily afternoon breaks in the snack room. For most of that time, the snack room featured a vending machine that didn't work. Just a week or so ago, the machine was finally replaced with a new, working one--much to our excitement.

    Well, today as I went to purchase my final candy bar (plain M&M's actually), I pressed the appropriate button and was greeted with a large static electricity shock and then the lights on the machine went dark. It no longer dispenses candy.

    To the rest of the break group, I apologize! My electric personality strikes again. I hope it doesn't take them as long to fix it this time!

    3 Comments:

    Blogger Earl said...

    Way to go! :^)

    Best of luck in your new position.

    7:11 PM  
    Blogger The Kman said...

    It is still broke btw. But it will help on my diet with it being broke, so you did me a favor.

    Let me know how the first day goes for you tomorrow.

    8:00 PM  
    Blogger The Kman said...

    Just so you know they fixed it. It wasn't a quick unplug and plug back in either. The guy had to take apart parts and even had to use a soldering iron.

    12:15 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home