• The World According to Clarke

    Tuesday, December 18, 2007

    The whole truth, so help me Me...

    Chris (my 9-year old) was under the weather this weekend. We wanted to watch a movie, so we logged onto Netflix to see if we could find something online for him to watch. Their selection of kids movies was pretty lame, and we eventually decided on the 70's classic "Oh God" (John Denver, George Burns). Based on my memory, it seemed like something Chris would like.

    Well, in one the opening scenes, Jerry (Denver) and his wife (Teri Garr) go to bed and get into a discussion about the last time they made love. I didn't remember that scene! It didn't seem to phase Chris, but I watched the rest of the movie a little anxiously wondering what other things I forgot.

    This is not the first time I've watched movies with the kids that I saw as a kid and had conveniently forgotten certain scenes. "The Goonies" and "The Bad News Bears" both come to mind.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home