• The World According to Clarke

    Tuesday, August 15, 2006

    Chillin' with Carson


    While inching our way up I-71 on the way home from work Monday evening, Erin (with whom I carpool) says, "Hey, that looks like the ugly hat Carson Palmer was wearing at the game last night." As we get a little closer, we realize that it's not just the same hat--it's the same guy. I'm a big Carson Palmer fan--and his choice of cars (unlike his chioce of hats) only increased my appreciation of him. Most NFL players I've seen drive big blingy Escalades with neon and spinners. Carson was driving a simple, conservate (but very nice) Audi sedan--a tasteful, classy car to go along with a classy guy.

    This event reminded me of something that happened on Sunday. Maria and I were at the swimming pool, and her soccer coach went walking by. Maria was very shocked and excited to see her soccer coach somewhere besides the soccer field. In the mind of a little kid, she assumes that he just lives at the soccer field never goes anywhere else. It was the same way back when I was a teacher and would run into a student at the mall or a movie--they were always shocked that I actually had a life outside of school. It can be weird seeing someone who you are used to seeing in one specific element. I felt a little like this on Monday seeing the Bengals' quarterback stuck in a traffic jam. Wow, he drives to and from work just like me. Who'd have thought?!

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home