• The World According to Clarke

    Wednesday, May 31, 2006

    Double Feature

    Probably not since high school have I been to the movies twice in a single day. Last Friday, however, I had the chance to see two first-run movies at the theater. At work, we wrapped up a project at 2:00 so Bob and I went out and saw X-Men 3. Then, later in the evening Annette and I saw The DaVinci Code.

    While it was fun to see two movies in one day, unfortunately neither of them was particularly entertaining. I suppose when you see a movie based on comic-book superheroes you should expect it to be a little hoaky, but the writers of X-Men took cheesiness to the extreme. The special effects were very impressive and the action was fast-paced, but the plot was very weak and some of the lines were laugh-out-loud terrible. I'd still recommend seeing it on the big screen, but don't expect it to be as good as 1 or 2.

    In the defense of The DaVinci Code, we went to a late showing and I was too tired to think really hard. The movie was okay (I read the book and liked, but not loved, it). I was entertained, but at times I definitely found myself glancing at my watch and hoping for it to just move along a little faster. I enjoyed Brown's other book, Angels & Demons, much more than The DaVinci Code and hope they make a movie of it someday.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home