• The World According to Clarke

    Wednesday, March 15, 2006

    Widgets


    My job requires me to use both Windows and Macintosh computers. For the most part, Macs are a pain in the butt. However, I must admit that the folks at Apple occasionally do come up with a good idea. In their most recent operating system release (OS 10.4), they introduced "widgets". Widgets are small, useful programs that are easily accessed at any time with a simple click. A friend at work recently informed me that these widgets are also available for Windows--so I had to check it out. The screen capture above shows some of my favorites. In addition to the obvious ones (clock, calendar, system resources meter, weather), my favorites are the magic 8-ball (when I have a really important decision to make) and the iTunes companion, which displays the track information and album art for the song currently playing. I also downloaded a Soduko widgets to further feed Annette's addiction!

    Widgets are free and can be downloaded at widgets.yahoo.com.

    1 Comments:

    Blogger Dianne said...

    Eye Heart Widgets!

    11:41 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home