• The World According to Clarke

    Thursday, February 23, 2006

    I want to go home...


    ...but I can't, because the expressway is currently closed. Icy roads? A major accident? A buckled bridge? No, none of these are the cause of the closure. The highway is closed due to a presidential motorcade. I'm all in favor of protecting our president, and totally understand the need to close the roads when he is travelling. However, it seems like they could plan it a little better. Every time he comes to town, he arrives right at the beginning of rush hour. I-71 north is bad enough on a normal day, but start rush hour out with 30 minutes of closure and it's not going to recover for hours. I realize the president is a busy guy, but if he's going to visit a major city and shut down the roads maybe he could sh0w up at 3 p.m. or so. They could order him some LaRosas and maybe play a little X-Box 360 to fill the time. Plus, it's not like he's here for an important meeting or a national crisis. He's here for a $4,000 a plate fundraiser in Indian Hill. (No, I'm not going.)

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home